The State Property Fund of Ukraine (thereinafter the “Fund”) was founded in 1991 in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Ukrainian RSR No. 158 for execution of the state policy in the sphere of privatization of the state property. The regional departments of the Fund were created in 1992.
The Fund is the central bodies of executive power with special status. Fund’s activities are regulated by law of Ukraine “On the State Property Fund of Ukraine” dated 09.12.2011 No. 4107-VI.
Main tasks of the Fund:
1) implementation of state policy in the sphere of privatization, lease, use and disposal of state property and state regulation in the field of property valuation, property rights and professional valuation activities;
2) organization of the implementation of the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, acts of the President of Ukraine and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, other legislative acts and control over their implementation;
3) governance of the state property objects, in particular corporate rights of the state in the authorized capitals of the economic entities regarding which the resolution about privatization has been taken and the plan of privatization or the plan of the shares distribution has been approved; the entities formed in the process of transformation (including by corporatization) of the state enterprises which belong to the sphere of its governance, as well as the companies formed with the participation of the Fund;
4) protection of the property rights of the state enterprises, institutions and organizations as well as corporate rights of the state on the territory of Ukraine and abroad;
5) control over the organization and the privatization of state property, alienation of the state property in the cases specified by the legislation, transfer of the state property to lease and use; return to the state ownership of the state property which was privatized, alienated or withdrawn from state ownership due to violation of the legislation, governance of the corporate rights of the state which are in the sphere of its governance;
6) state regulation in the sphere of property valuation, property rights and professional valuation activity;
7) collaboration with international organizations in the realization of state policy in the sphere of privatization, lease, use and alienation of state property within the powers assigned to it, governance of state corporate rights, as well as in the sphere of state regulation of property valuation, property rights and professional valuation activity.
Fund in accordance with the tasks assumed:
in the field of privatization of state property:
changes in the process of privatization the organizational form of enterprises that are in state ownerships;
executes the powers of the owner of state property, including corporate rights, in the process of privatization and controls the activities of enterprises, institutions and organizations belonging to the sphere of its administration;
sells state property in the process of its privatization;
prepares objects for privatization and sale;
acts on behalf of the state as a founder and member of the enterprises founded on the basis of unification of the property of different forms of ownership, or in case of purchase by the state of the blocks of shares (parts, shares) from other owners.
in the field of management of state corporate rights:
executes administration of corporate rights of the state in the sphere of its administration;
executes restructuring of economic societies in statutory capitals where the corporate rights of the state exceed 50 percent and which belong to the sphere of its administration;
approves amicable agreements, sanitation plans and lists of liquidation masses, and changes and additions to them in cases regarding bankruptcy of economic societies with corporate rights of the state more than 50 percent of their statutory capital, which are in the process of privatization;
participates in the proceeding regarding bankruptcy of the economic societies with corporate rights of the state.
in the field of state property lease:
acts as the lessor of integral (single) property complexes of enterprises, their structural departments and real estate, as well as property which is not included in the statutory capital of economic societies in the process of privatization (corporatization), which are in state ownership.
in the field of property evaluation, property rights and professional evaluation activity:
organizes professional preparation of the evaluators, approves the requirements to the executive staff of the subjects of evaluation activity and appraisers who forms their part;
approves composition and procedure of the work of examining commissions for the professional preparation of the evaluators, organizes their work, approves training programs and examinations;
facilitates the development of public regulation of property evaluation, property rights and professional evaluation activity.
Also, the Fund provides the formation and maintenance of the Unified Register of the Objects of State Property and acts as its manager.
In connection with the coming into force the Law of Ukraine “On Privatization of State and Communal Property” dated March 07, 2018, No. 2269 the modernization of privatization is began. The law simplified the classification of privatization objects by division into small and large privatization objects. The small privatization objects are real estate objects, small enterprises, and to large privatization objects - objects whose assets exceed 250 million UAH. Also, the terms of preparation of objects for the sale were shortened and the deadline for submission of applications to potential buyers was increased. It is established that the international advisors will be involved in the large privatization, and the small privatization will take place exclusively on e-auctions.
During its history, the State Property Fund of Ukraine was headed as follows:
from 12 September Rustem Umerov;
from 28 February 2022 to September 2022 Olga Batova;
from 24 September 2019 to February 2022 Dmytro Sennychenko;
from 12 September 2017 to September 2019 Vitalii Тrubarov;
from 18 April to September 2017 Dmytro Parfenenko;
from 25 May 2015 to April 2017 Igor Bilous;
from June 2014 to May 2015 Dmytro Parfenenko;
from April 2010 to June 2014 Oleksandr Riabchenko;
from December 2008 to March 2010 Dmytro Parfenenko;
from April 2005 to December 2008 Valentyna Semeniuk– Samsonenko;
from April 2003 to April 2005 Mykhailo Chechetov;
from October 1998 to April 2003 Oleksandr Bondar;
from March 1997 to April 1998 Volodymyr Lanoviy;
from August 1994 to February 1997 Yuriy Ehanurov;
from July 1991 to July 1994 Volodymyr Priadko